FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Warner: Blade Runner DVD Release LA Party Pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Warner: Blade Runner DVD Release LA Party Pics Reply with quote

The event was the screening of the new Blade Runner restorative final cut. It was held at the Shrine Auditorium as part of the Jules Verne Adventure Film Festival. The evening started with a brief awards ceremony for some nature films. It was hosted by Malcom McDowell and Patrick Stewart. They presented William Shatner a lifetime achievement award I believe. It was kooky. But on to the real fun…

First of all I would like to thank Charlie Lauzirika for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of this event. Charlie has to be the biggest Blade Runner fan outside of Gary Willoughby and of course me (LOL).

It was great meeting Gary again and Bryan Ebenock. Willie Goldman was also there in attendance. Thanks again Willie! I also had the pleasure of meeting Tom Southwell in person finally; Paul Sammon; Paul Prischman; Douglas Trumbull; David L. Snyder; and Katherine Haber.

Earlier in the evening I was able to join others at the screening of the new BR restoration in the Shine Auditorium. I believe it was shown on a digital 2K projection system. It was very clean and was a joy to see on the big screen again. The scenes seemed to be tighter and extra shots were added to bridge them and create a little more tension. I won't bother to say more as there has been so much already written about it. I would just be recycling the same. Anyway Charlie, Paul and their crew did a simply stunning job. Thank you guys!

Others that attended the screening were the following: William Sanderson, Sean Young, M. Emmet Walsh, Joanna Cassidy, James Hong, and Mark Stetson. There were so many I couldn’t recognize all of them.

Now, on to the party! I was greeted by Charlie who said I would pee my pants upon entering this event. Instead I sh*t a brick! I was practically speechless. The Bradbury was transformed practically into a movie set, sans trash and leaking water.

The party itself was on the second floor. An open bar served signature Deckard and Rachael martinis, among other poisons. The edible fare consisted of sushi (of course); Asian chicken salad served in cup sized Chinese take out containers with chopsticks; dim sum and pot stickers; and quite a few other Asian dishes. All were wonderful and delicious. However I spent most of my time shooting photos. It was a visual geek’s paradise. Plenty of nice silicone too!

The building was lit with care. The lighting design was handled very well from the slow moving spot lights to the pattern beams that floated on the floor. The air was washed with smoke adding the right amount of denseness to capture all of the light beams and radiant neon glow. The neon was very cool. A various mix of kanji, dragons and design really set the mood and the mannequins pushed it over the edge to a surreal level.

Warner Brothers did an incredible job with the party. The heart of Blade Runner was captured that night.

More photos to come...

Had to add Charlie:

Last edited by spinner44.com on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if carlsberg did partys... Wink

This indeed looked like a fantastic fantasy event. What's the story behind it all?
bbabich
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is the party that WB put on at the Bradberry were Sebastian's flat was filmed. I am sure John will jump in with more information shortly.

All I can say is that D80 takes some amazing pictures; absolutely gorgeous pictures.

-Bryan
superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! That looks like an awesome set up. Must have been surreal being there. Smile
MsGeek
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinner, you lucky, lucky dog. This was one of those "exclusive Hollywood parties" and you got in. I'm posting a link to this thread to BladeZone. Lots of people want to see what you saw with Chew's eyes.

Damn, that looked cool. Cool How was the food? Were the drinks watered?
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post updated... Smile

-
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost shed a tear!! That is so beautiful, I cannot wait for additional pictures.

Tom
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: food .... Reply with quote

I see some chineese take out containers on the food table ,wonder where the food was from ?
alienscollection.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some of the "official" pics if you're interested:

http://web.beimages.net/link/BldRnnrFF/

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=78287318

http://www.rexfeatures.com/live/2007/12/09/blade_runner:_the_final_cut_film_screening,_los_angeles,_ameri?filter=E

-Willie
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I am very envious Very Happy
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Harrison is still working on the new Indiana Jones movie.Nice to see most of the gang there though....

Last edited by steevy on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
MsGeek
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So good to see so many of the cast still alive and still in reasonably good shape. William Sanderson looks almost unchanged. And of course, Sean Young was the Belle of the Ball. Joanna Cassidy is still gorgeous, too. I wonder why Joe Turkel wasn't there...hoping that's not a bad omen. He seemed OK at Comic-Con...it was James Hong who was zipping around on a scooter there, not him.

Oh yeah: someone has GOT to do a movie where Patrick Stewart and Sean Young are cast as leading man and leading lady. Sparks, baby. Sparks. He's still sexay sexay sexay...my favorite ST captain for sure. I wonder what Joan Crawford's Pepsi tycoon hubby looked like. Just looked it up...Stewart would not be the most accurate choice, but he'd sure be a big improvement.

Here:

I really do think Sean Young should do a Crawford biopic. There's more to Crawford than Mommie Dearest, and Ms. Young would be perfect as the Bitch Queen of Hollywood.
Art Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so insanely jealous that I'm logging of just to have a bit of a sulk!

Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: