FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
All at once WorldCon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: All at once WorldCon Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

I would like to state that my proposal is to make the new WorldCon replica as accurately as possible. I will probably do good work, but I have to say that a lot of you have helped and are helping me to obtain this result. Also I do not want to strictly replicate all minimum particulars but I would like to do a personal interpretation. This means for example that I am making a bullet ejector because I do not like that I have to incline my Blaster to remove the bullets, but if you do not like this option you can easily fix it.

Another example, I made my personal ammo clip leds holders because I was not satisfied about the ones you can find on the market. But generally I will give you a kit that could be improved. Because of this I decided to make all screwable parts.

I have to thank a lot of talented artists that worked on my preceding replica and transformed them in to fantastic WorldCon replicas. So I am sure that a lot of you will find something to improve on my new model.

I want propose to all in this message board what I think is an innovation. I will make the best replica possible but I do not want to sell 500 guns and ask for more money for a new model with some minimal changes. I will start to sell 100 kits, if you will find something that could be improved, do that!!

Then if the artist that made a modification will want to share his work and most people like the new part(s), I could to take the new part if it is ok and recast it in metal. This way if you just bought a kit you will easily be able to for a few dollars purchase the new parts for upgrading. Also the new parts will be included and upgraded into the new production blasters. I think that this way we will be able to make the best replica ever seen and always have an inexpensive option for upgrading it.

I thought of the name of my new model, and I would like to say that it will be our model. The name is: all at once WorldCon. With the kit you will receive a certificate that includes in writing the people that gave and contributed, describing what he did for the model. Every time someone does an improvement accepted by the community it will be included in the lists.

In short, I intend to make a WorldCon replica that will be easily and affordably upgraded anytime new discoveries are made and accepted by the community and at the same time give credit to all that contribute along the way.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go out on a limb here and first of all Thank Siderio for being so open minded about this project of his...we all could use a bit more soliderity and I think it's wonderful when someone goes against the norm and tries to include everyone, especially where Blade-Runner is concerned!
VIVA SIDERIO!!!

I trust I don't have to repeat my other comments concerning the Butt-Plate, Weaver Knob and L.E.D. Switch so, nuff said on those points.

OK...another limb and another thought concerning the blaster;

Siderio, your grip plates are wonderfully clear(with an orange tint ofcourse) and I know this has been a point of contention with other blasters, that their grips were foggy. Would it be possible for them to be closer to the Burnt Orange color they appear to be in all of Carls Photo's?
Thanks for your time!
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry! i will work on the orange grips. i will make more casts!Than I will ask to the collectore wath they seemjs to be more accurated in color. This mean I will start tomorrow to make more samples and you have to say me wath you will prefer. but the images givenot the real thing. It is possible that you will choice a person that could consider the color? I mean: I can make more samples but would be the right that one of you will be demanded to choiuce it, "in person". This mean I could send more samples for a judge of your choice, he could say, I have here the Siderios samples and I choose this one. Please make your discussions and take a man that could be this. Than I will send to him more samples for examinations and he has to take the responsibly of the grips color productions.

Siderio
PlanetLII
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it is decided that this is the way to go with choosing the grip colour, imo it should be someone who has seen (and held, the lucky bleeders) the real thing.
For the canyons of the new concrete frontier.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a new Wing on the forum. Smell that fresh plaster. Don't lean on the wet paint!

Now we gotta sit around all afternoon waiting for the cable guys to show up.
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exciting! I can't wait for one of these bad boys to be in my hands!
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Karl was just nominated as "Grip Color Afficionado"...
Come on Karl, you know you want the job!
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post some other images about my progress to day. I would need another favour from someone can contribute on this. I would need a new steyr barrel, no problem for the bolt I still have finished it. But I would like to work on a totally new steyr barrel, also a resin casted one will go fine. I am working to reduce the weight of the gun, as some of you talked about. I calculated that I will be able to reduce 400 grams.
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? Oh I'm sorry I was throwing spitballs and not paying attention. Can you repeat the question?

Yes, color. Well as we all know, Star Trek was made in the 1960s, when color television was first getting started, so it's hard to say just what color Captain Kirk's shirt... huh? What? Oh, sorry again.

Grips, that's what we're talking about. Yes the "real" things are CLEAR, crystal clear. Not foggy or matte or anything at all like that, just pure 100% clear. You can even read the engraving on the grip frame thru them, for crying out loud.

Also note the dark areas. I believe the famous "root beer" appearance of the grips is owing to the fact that the GRIP FRAME under the grips, is painted black in places. Note in the shot above that parts are bright metal and others are dark.

But note that the grip material can appear dark brown, RED orange, or bright yellow-orange, depending on the lighting.

And glossy. The material is very very glossy. Just look at those highlights! And the distortion of the image as you see things thru the grips from the side. "Stretched out" images visible through the grips. It's like pure amber or something. What resin material looks this much like amber?

Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I casted today the first parts of the new Blaster. You can see the new metal grip farme with a perfect fitting buttplate. I spryied the grip farme in black and then placed on it the grips. I took the images with natural light. As I wrote on images I used two tonality of orange.It is difficult give the real color with my camera. Reallyl they appear some more light than in the picture. However I posted them to give you an idea about the color.

Antwayne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After enjoying working to "WorldCon" your previous kit, the only thing I would still like to add to the one I built is a larger grip frame, grips and butt-plate. Is there any possibility of making those parts available to upgrade your previous happy customers? Or will those parts only fit your new model?
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl's humor does not resemble our Earth humor...but great job just the same! I wasn't sure you could handle the situation...
but you got a grip on it just fine! Laughing
Siderio that color against the black frame looks SPOT ON to me. Very Happy
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siderio is right though... it's imposible to tell from photographs if the color is correct.

I will just have to be loaned some grips to see in person.

I would note that the Worldcon gun has "stuff" inside the grips... I see a spring in there for one thing. I had been told that the grips were originally meant to LIGHT UP (!) and there is probably wiring and a bulb or somethign in there for that purpose.

- k
Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I can't make the new grips fit in to my precedent gripframe. This is a totally different model. You can note also that the buttplate have a totally different srcews, they are smaller and are made in different place.However I have to say that the buldog frame is the same for all two models. This mean that a complete gripframe with grips and buttplate will fit on the old one replica. So I think your idea is pretty good. But I have to sell the entire grip frame new grips and new butplate. I have to say that these parts are expensive because the transparent clear resin I use is the best quality resin available in the market and you know the result because they are very transparent cristal material. So I think to give this parts as a customization kit for the old model but the price will be arround $100.00. Now are the custormers that have to consider if this is advantages. Consider that the Euro have a very high weight on my budget and Unfortunately the USdollar has going not so well. But I have not changed the selling price. I hope in the near future the USdollar goes better so I will be able to reduce my selling price on entire production.

Thanks
Siderio.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this does not add anything, but I love this photo:

Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget to reply to once-bitten.

I am workign to make more sample grps. I try to find the right transparent color. But I don't know if you worked with poliuretanic pigments. It is very hard find the right color. Why? we can talk about the normal cars color. You go on a professional car color maker and with the help with spectrometer they will analize the color pigment and will be able to give you the right end color results, you have to consider that we are talking about very small thickness color car. Unfortunately with resin you have to consider a lot of things: when a part is made transparent you have to consider the thickness, because more thickness you have more dark will appear the color but overall the transparent pigment dosen't give the real think when it is in liquid state. So the only think I can do is made more sample every time considering some spectrum of colors and is wath i am doing. also a poliuretanic resin (I hope be the right English word)Have a type of color until the solidification reaction starts. When hard the color is changed. This because there are a lot of facts, in the first the warm.

However i don't want to be a teacher and bore you. BELIEVE IT IS DIFFICULT AND............. Evil or Very Mad
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all looks magnificent, Siderio! But I can't really see much color difference between the two grips in the photos.

It does sound like an enormous amount of work though.

Siderio wrote:

Siderio
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear karl,
YES! It is a very hard work work to make a good things. you have to understand that I am speding a lot of time, moeny and much more to try to realize my work. I can only say that i am try to give my best. So please give me your address so you can undertsand wath I mean. I can send to you a lot of sample, then you can choice that right color grip. When you will have in your handa the right colors you can say to us wat you consider the best ones.

Siderio.
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press Release

Deal is dead.

If Sid had not jumped the gun (pun intended) you would never heard of this, I was not going to say any thing until we had a deal clearly worked out.

Sorry for all the hope dashed.

Oh well.

Rich

Last edited by racprops on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Judge Minty
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

This sounds like the perfect collaboration. Is it too early to PM about possible time frames and cost?

Steven
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: