FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
New Japanese Blaster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I only had 1550.00 bucks to spare...Sad

Last edited by Rick Deckard on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have an extra kidney don't you?

Smile Wink

Andy
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1550?!! blimey! I thought that was the price in yen Shocked

still, I think these could be a good investment, mainly because of their limited release. I could see that price doubling in a few years.
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Sounds like a few of the kit orders have been canceled so there are a couple more up for sale HERE.

Andy

Thanks for drawing our attention to this and posting the link, Andy. It's good news for any of us who missed out on the initial offering.

Quote:
Minute cancellation of the sale I wonder bra model distillate completed.

As much as I'm sure we'd all like to purchase a fifteen-hundred-dollar bra, or even better a fifteen-hundred-dollar distillate model of a wonder bra, this is obviously a shortcoming of the translation software, which has trouble interpreting words that don't exist in its dictionary. In this case, I suspect the word is "blaster," which in Katakana would be burasutaa. The first two Katakana in this word, bura, compose the word "bra" in Japanese.

Here's a rough but slightly clearer translation I've prepared for any propsummit members who might be interested:

Quote:
TOMENOSUKE BLASTER FINISHED VERSION — CANCELLED ORDERS TO GO ON SALE

- Owner of what is popularly known as the WorldCon Model identified -

He’s Jeff Walker, credited with an appearance in Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner, one of the five-disc “Unlimited Collector’s Edition” set.

Tomenosuke’s shop manager isn’t sure what part Walker played in the production of Blade Runner, but after completion of the film he received from a person in charge of costumes and props a metal box containing the Deckard Blaster.

He is going to put that WorldCon Blaster on sale.

Jeff Walker will offer the WorldCon model in the Profiles in History auction to take place in April.

It’s currently the most powerful Hollywood movie collection auction, in which Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber previously went for $230,000.

Upon hearing this news, Propstore of London in England and ScreenUsed in San Jose, California searched for Walker and negotiated with him directly, but they were flatly refused.

The price offered by both of those parties was $150,000.

It’s rumored that the piece could fetch more than $300,000 from Microsoft founder Paul Allen, who administers the Seattle SFM (Science Fiction Museum).

This news inspires mixed feelings in us, including, curiously, a bit of happiness.

A few orders for finished Tomenosuke Blasters were cancelled. Hollywood Collectors Gallery will offer these finished models for sale again starting at 6:00pm on January 26.

The picture below shows the back cover of the newly completed instruction book for the kit version, “Technique for Metal Parts and Bluing,” which unfortunately is not included with the finished model.

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Temponaut,

I really appreciate your help.
Andy
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

temponaut wrote:

Quote:
- Owner of what is popularly known as the WorldCon Model identified -

He’s Jeff Walker, credited with an appearance in Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner, one of the five-disc “Unlimited Collector’s Edition” set.

Tomenosuke’s shop manager isn’t sure what part Walker played in the production of Blade Runner, but after completion of the film he received from a person in charge of costumes and props a metal box containing the Deckard Blaster.

He is going to put that WorldCon Blaster on sale.

Jeff Walker will offer the WorldCon model in the Profiles in History auction to take place in April.

So did I just understand that the owner of the screen-used WorldCon Hero blaster is going to be selling it in the PIH auction?

THAT'S gonna be a sight to behold. I can't imagine the thermonuclear bidding war that will happen with this piece.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what it sounds like. I had already heard from a few people including Coyle that Paul Allen had already bought it, but it sounds like he only made an offer on it. The auction catalog is not up yet, but I download them all.

I love the story about the metal box it was given to him in with the other stuff. If Paul Allen does get it that means it will probably end up at the Sci-Fi Museum in Seattle.

The one sad thing about that is that it will never be displayed at a convention again where fans will get to handle it and take hi-res close-ups of it. Sad

Andy
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Thank you Temponaut,

I really appreciate your help.
Andy

It's my pleasure, Andy. Thanks again for the way you've been keeping us apprised of new developments announced on the Tomenosuke site!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCD does have some advantages. Smile

Andy
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess the time has finally come to reveal this never-before seen detail from my Worldcon photos...

temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
OCD does have some advantages. Smile

Reminds me of the pillow on Ensign Pulver's bunk in Mister Roberts:

"We plow deep while others sleep."

I think I speak for most members here when I say I'm glad that you're obsessive-compulsive. Wink
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phase pistol wrote:
So I guess the time has finally come to reveal this never-before seen detail from my Worldcon photos...

Shocked Yup, there it is in blue and white! Exclamation
clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol!
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Pics of the Artists proof...

Rust and all.

Andy

YEAH! That is the ONLY one i want! Add in the cut wires and i believe that one is as close to a "replicant" clone to the WC HP as it is ever going to get! That is 99% the real deal!
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panzerrune wrote:
That is 99% the real deal!

I guess it depends on whether you consider the frame, cylinder covers, and hammer to constitute just 1% of the Blaster. On the WorldCon these are presumably metal, while on the Tomenosuke replica they are plastic.

But in general I agree with you: this is an amazing replica! Shocked
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in December, I gathered together some of the questions asked by propsummit members about the Tomenosuke Blaster, and sent them to Tomenosuke Shoten. Very shortly thereafter, both the kit and the finished versions of the Blaster had completely sold out. I did get answers to the questions, but with no more Blasters available I felt a reduced sense of urgency to translate and post the responses, and I became preoccupied by other pressing matters.

Now, however, as noted recently in this thread, Tomenosuke Shoten has announced that a small number of finished Blasters will become available for purchase starting at 18:00 on Monday, January 26 (Japan time) at the Hollywood Collectors Gallery site (http://www.hollywood-japan.jp/shopdetail/038009000001/order/). These finished Blasters have become available because of order cancellations.

For those of you who may be thinking of ordering on Monday, for those of you who already ordered a kit back in December, and for those of you who are simply interested in the information, here are the questions and answers (translated roughly from Japanese):

---

Q1: Some parts that are metal on the real WorldCon Blaster have been reproduced in plastic on the Tomenosuke Blaster, including the right and left frames, the right and left cylinder covers, and the hammer. Why did Tomenosuke Shoten choose to use plastic for these parts instead of metal?[/color]

A: We have been extremely attentive to the materials used in the WorldCon Blaster, and have reproduced them faithfully.

However, the laws governing toy guns in Japan are very strict.

If the frame, cylinder, and hammer were made of metal, we would be breaking the replica gun laws and subject to punishment, even though the model does not fire live ammunition.

Please understand that the Tomenosuke Blaster has been made using as much metal as possible without breaking the law.

---

Q2: What type of plastic has been used to make the plastic parts of the Tomenosuke Blaster? And what type of process was used to make them (for example, casting, injection molding, etc.)? What about the cylinder, which appears to be made of a different type of plastic, and through a different process, than the other plastic parts?

A: The plastic parts of the Blaster are made of cast resin. The cylinder is also plastic, but in order to recreate this part cleanly, it was machine cut without concern for the cost.

---

Q3: When ordering a kit online from outside of Japan and paying via credit card through PayPal, is payment expected at the time of the order (for example, in December) or at the time the product is ready to ship (at the end of February)?

A: Kits being marketed by our shop will be sent out in order when they are ready. We have received many orders from overseas. All customers who receive a response from us saying, “We have received your order and will begin shipping from February 2009,” are guaranteed a Blaster kit.

Starting from February 2009, as kits become available to ship, we will send out PayPal invoices. After we have confirmed receipt of payment, we will ship the kits via EMS. The cost will be JPY 5,000 for EMS shipping to the United States and JPY 5,500 for EMS shipping to Europe, plus JPY 73,500 for the Blaster Kit itself.

Because of the great amount of time required to produce the kits, there is a possibility that they will not be ready (and buyers will not be billed) until March or later. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

---

Q4: On the “finished” version of the Tomenosuke Blaster, why did Tomenosuke Shoten decide not to wire the LEDs on the laser sight for illumination?

A: Because it is unconfirmed whether the laser sight was illuminated in the film, we did not wire it to light up.

Further, we judged the exposed white wires to be aesthetically unnecessary, and thus left them off the finished model.

However, we have included the white wire parts, as well as a hole in the laser sight to facilitate wiring, with both the finished and kit versions of the Blaster.

It is thus possible for each collector to finish the Blaster with these features, if so desired.

---

Q5: The Tomenosuke Blaster kit has now sold out. Will more kits be available in the future? If so, when do you anticipate that you will start taking orders again? What about the finished models? Will they be available again?

A: There will be no further production of either the kit or the finished model. Thank you very much for your understanding.

---

Many thanks to Enomoto-san at Tomenosuke Shoten for his responses to our questions.

As noted at the start of this post, a small number of orders for finished Blasters were received by Hollywood Collectors Gallery that were subsequently cancelled. Again, these finished Blasters will go on sale at the HCG online site starting at 18:00 on Monday, January 26 (Japan time).

Also, of course, the fact that the current incarnation of the Tomenosuke Blaster will not be produced again does not necessarily preclude the creation of another version in the future.

Good luck to those of you who would like to purchase!
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at the HCG ordering page and noted that the finished Blasters, scheduled to go on sale at 18:00 on Monday, January 26, are scheduled to ship starting at the end of February.

IMPORTANT

I just now recalled that, although Tomenosuke Shoten is shipping kits internationally, Hollywood Collectors Group is NOT shipping finished Blasters overseas. This is because of the complications arising from different import laws around the world for model guns.

Therefore, if you live outside of Japan, you'll need to find someone inside Japan to take delivery and then forward the model onward to you.
spinner 44
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Temponaut.

It is a privilege to have you on this board.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent follow-up Temponaut. Always a pleasure to read your thorough updates.
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

temponaut wrote:
panzerrune wrote:
That is 99% the real deal!

I guess it depends on whether you consider the frame, cylinder covers, and hammer to constitute just 1% of the Blaster. On the WorldCon these are presumably metal, while on the Tomenosuke replica they are plastic.

But in general I agree with you: this is an amazing replica! Shocked

To verify, i was commenting on the "artists proof" photos as Andy had posted. I give it a 99% as well it is the best one i have seen anywhere from anyone and i could never give a 100% as that would make it equal to the actual heroprop, and no one can match the king as there is only one! I had forgot there was some plastic on the replica blaster, so let me retract the 99 and give it a 90% for the "artists proof" that is with the cut wires added.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: